May 6, 2008

Hello World: Welcome To My UIR Blog

Hello everyone, welcome to my UIR blog!

I am Phyo Myat Thu. You can call me Phyo. I am an international student. My home town is Yangon, former capital of my country Myanmar.

I am from Diploma in Information Technology. I am currently a "Senior" student, i.e. Year 3 student. I now taking Using Internet as a Research tool (UIR) as my CDS this semester.

My main interest is photography.

Photography
I started to gain my interest in photography since I was about 10 years old. I still remember the day that I took my first photograph. That shot was very simple, just took the photo of my dad using a film camera during a vacation trip with my dad. After the photo was developed, I saw it again and again and I feel very happy. At that time, the digital cameras are not very popular in my country and I never heard about them at that time.

About two years later, my dad brought home a very interesting thing. It was none other than a digital camera. It was not a famous brand, very simple-to-use with a few functions to shoot photos and videos just point-and-shoot one, no optical zoom, no manual functions. Since then, I tried to take many photos. I went around my house, neighbourhood and tried to found any interesting shoot. I shot flowers, sun-set scenes, natural photos and so on.

During my first year of poly student life, I joined Temasek Polytechnic Visual Central, a CCA interest group which focus in photography. I had participated in photography workshops, expeditions, and covered some of the events and concerts held in TP. Joining Visual Central broaden my knowledge about photography. I learned a lot of new techniques and ways to shoot photos.

I am now using Canon 400D DSLR camera with 18-55mm kit lens.

2 exciting websites that are particularly interesting to me
www.digitaldreams.com.sg
www.pcworld.com

DigitalDreams.com.sg
Digital Dreams is a web portal provided by Canon. It is designed to bring various tips and techniques for photography, videography and photo printing. You can find interesting and useful tips and tutorials about taking photos using a DSLR. You can also find photo gallery and interviews with professional photographers. In my opinion, it is a good website for beginners in photography who wants to know the basics of digital SLR cameras.

PC World
It is an online version of IT magazine, PC World. This website features the latest up-to-date technologies news, tools and tips on configuration of hardware and software of PC, download options for useful softwares. As an IT student, I visit this website almost everyday to read the latest news about IT as well as read the article frequently.

Let me end my first post by posting one of the photo that I taken recently at Mt Faber park.

Day Dream

No comments: