May 7, 2008

Practical 2

In this practical, I did research on Internet social network services from two types of websites: personal and organizational.

For searching from personal websites such as blogs, I use Google's Blog Search, Technorati, Digg. Google's Blog Search and Technorati can produce relevant search results in which most of them are user-generated information from blogs and personal sites.

For searching information from Organizational websites, I visited to major news websites such as BBC, CNN, CNA to get the news, articles and commentary about social network services. Overall, BBC website can provide much more information on the topic I am doing research. It provides link to its news articles and videos about Internet social network services.

In addition, I also did bibliography for the online resources that I found in Practical 1 and 2. I practice how to write reference using APA referencing format.

What I have learnt
I understood the difference between persona sites and organizational sites. Personal websites usually contains one’s expression and opinions about his/her interests, hobbies as well as daily life of the author of the personal website. The information on current issues and news obtained from the personal websites many not be comprehensive. On the other hand, Organization websites are run by big organizations which hire people to design the layout, gather information for the website’s contents. I also learnt how to write reference citation correctly using APA guidelines.

This is the end of the post. I want to share a photo of a mouse in the school lab which was taken when I was in Year 2.1.


No comments: