May 30, 2008

The most important lesson in my UIR journey

The most important lesson learnt in my UIR journey is about how to use the Internet as a research tool. I will explain it by comparing Before and After I take UIR.

Before

After

Do not know about the usefulness of different types of search facilities. Only rely solely on Search Engines (such as Google, Yahoo!, Ask.com) for my research work

Know about strength of different search facilities and can decide which facility to use for my research

Never used Boolean operators

Use Boolean operators to fine-tune my search results

Do not know how to evaluate websites

Learnt proper ways for website evaluation

Do not know proper steps to be taken to do online research

Know about the 8 steps of research strategy to be taken to search online more effectively and increase productivity


To sum up, taking UIR is a unique,interesting and very useful process. I enjoyed the whole learning journey. :)

No comments: