May 29, 2008

My Dream Holiday

Kyoto

Nestled among mountains in Western Honshu, Kyoto has a reputation worldwide as Japan's most beautiful city. Kyoto, with its hundreds of temples and gardens, was the imperial capital between 794 and 1868, and remains the cultural centre of Japan.

Travel Website: Lonely Planet

Brief Evaluation of Lonely Planet Travel Website
It provides useful information about the many places around the world. The information is arranged under different sections. The overview section introduces brief information about Kyoto and Fast Facts such as population, currency, time zone, etc.

Most interestingly, it also shows multimedia such as photos, videos so I can know visually about the beauty of the place.

Other sections such as Activities and Events provides a glance on the culture and different events held over the year.

The website coverage is wide, covering different useful information for most of the places in the world.The information from the website is also free accessible for all users.

The most important criteria you used to get information about your Dream Holiday is the completeness. As I am searching for information about a place that I have few knowledge about, the information that I get from the website must be complete i.e. providing all important information such as location, History of place, Places to visit, where to eat, where to stay so that I can get the sense of knowing the place well so I will not spend much time figuring out to get information from searching from different websites online.

The reason why I want to go to Kyoto is as I am interested in photography I want to take landscape photos of its beautiful temples and gardens and also portrait photos of the people there to reflect the their lives and culture.

Let me end this post with some beautiful photos of Kyoto.

Photo Credits: Bobak Ha'Eri, Retrieved from Wikipedia

Photo Credits: Wikipedia

Photo Credits: Chris Gladis, Retrieved via Wikipedia

No comments: